Over 11,000 donated sheep from Mongolia arrive in Wuhan
The first batch of 11,267 sheep from Mongolia's total donation of 30,000 sheep have recently arrived in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei province, the area hit hard by the COVID-19 earlier this year, Hubei provincial department of commerce said on Friday.
The department on Friday afternoon held a welcoming ceremony for the arrived sheep. Qin Jun, the department director, said Hubei people have happily received the warm gifts and expressed appreciation for Mongolian government and people.
He said the Hubei Provincial Party Committee and provincial government have decided to distribute the sheep to front line workers and their families as a token of thanks for their contributions in the fight against the COVID-19.
- Hong Kong's daily COVID-19 infections hit 3-month high
- Gansu rises out of poverty
- Veteran dancer-choreographer Chen Ailian dies at 81
- Northwest China's Gansu shakes off poverty
- Shanghai neighborhood raises alert level after discovery of 2 new cases
- Tianjin reports 5 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases